Advertising or Marketing Your Disco Business
Advertising or Marketing
How do you generate more mobile disco enquiries?
Do you advertise your disco or do you have a marketing strategy?
'Advertising is a form of communication intended to persuade an audience (viewers, readers or listeners) to purchase or take some action upon products, ideals, or services.'
In other words... You pay to advertise your disco in print, on the internet or on radio and cross your fingers, hold your breath and wait for the phone to ring.
'Marketing is the process by which companies create customer interest in products or services. It generates the strategy that underlies sales techniques, business communication, and business development.'
In other words... You have a plan to promote and develop your disco company to potential clients which involves a combination of advertising, networking and promotion.
If you place an advert to gain more enquiries, you are advertising. If you place an advert as part of a planned strategy to increase your profile, reach targets and ultimately grow your business, then you are marketing. Marketing isn't by accident. It is a planned strategy with many elements.
Your Marketing Plan
- Have a website/Facbook Page to send potential clients to
- Use social media to spread the word such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, etc
- Carry business cards – you don’t know who you might meet today!
- YouTube videos – they get shared so make sure you have your contact details on there.
- Talk to venues
- Join local Facebook groups to reach your target clients
Each of these ideas will be expanded upon in future DJ Digests
For more advice on running your mobile DJ business, join AMPdj here.