The Secret Formula to Writing Powerful Copy for Websites and Email Responses.
It's called the 'So What' method and was introduced to us by Rus Slater in 'Dragons' Den - Start Your Own Business'. We have expanded the concept below and made it specific for mobile DJs.
you write about what you do, you need to think about how this will benefit
the client. These benefits might seem obvious to us but may not be so clear
to a client and therefore need to be spelt out.
For everything you say you do, just ask yourself the question 'So What?' and then include a suitable response. Below are some typical examples.
- I've been DJing for 20 years ('So What?') so I have developed my skills and expertise to know what to play and how to get your party started.
- I have professional sound and lighting equipment ('So What?') which is very reliable and will give you the ultimate disco experience.
- I can provide up-lighting ('So What?') which will enhance your room and complement your chosen colour theme and decor.
- I carry an extensive music library of over 20,000 tracks ('So What?') which enables me to accommodate a variety of tastes and play both yours and your guests' requests.
- I have a vast experience of weddings ('So What?') so have the knowledge to offer you advice, give you ideas and make your own dreams a reality.
- I'm a full member of AMPdj ('So What?') which means I have the support of the largest national DJ organisation in the UK. The terms of membership ensure that I operate in a professional manner towards all my clients.
- I carry back up equipment ('So What?') to ensure that if there is an unforeseen problem, your entertainment will still be seamless and uninterrupted.
- Every booking is accompanied by a contract ('So What?') to give you peace of mind and assures you of my commitment to your event.
- I arrive at your venue early ('So What?') so I can anticipate any unforeseen delays and ensure I'm in plenty of time so as not to disrupt your evening.
- I have PLI (Public Liability Insurance) ('So What?') which is a requirement for me to be allowed to perform in most hotels and wedding venues. It also means I am covered for injury to your guests or damage to the venue, which would otherwise fall on your shoulders.
- All of my equipment carries a certificate for PAT (Portable Appliance Test) ('So What?') which means it is tested for safety.
- I accept playlists beforehand ('So What?') to ensure that the music I play is what you and your guests want to dance to.
- I have the largest rig in the county....'So What?'
One final tip in this DJ Digest - make your web and email copy original to you so that it stands out!